This clip is to be mounted onto the surface of a PCB (SMT) and offers a fast solution for assembling RFI/EMI-shielding cans to PCBs. This clip eliminates the need for through holes and post reflow operations on the PCB. For best performance, the shielding clip should be mounted on the PCB ground pattern. This can be done by hand or by vacuum pick-up nozzle (automated).
This clip offers a great opportunity for tuning and re-work after the assembly of the screening cover. The thickness of the screening cover can be in the range of 0.18 to 0.25 mm. The clip can be supplied on reels of 15,000 pieces.
Please note: The tiny clip takes up 25% less space than the medium clip.
|Thickness of shielding can
|0.18 - 0.25 mm
|-40 °C ∼ 200 °C
|Max 0.05 ohms
|More than 50%
|Max. 1.0kgf at T=0.2 mm
|Min. 0.2kgf at T=0.2 mm
|Number of repetitions insertion
|Max 25 times
|Eu-RoHS compliant, Pb & halogen free
|Thickness of solder cream (recommended)
|0.06 mm ∼ 0.12 mm
|Reel and pieces
Delivery on reel
We can deliver our Tiny clip (TC) for mounting PCB-shielding cans on reels of 15,000 pieces.
- Enhance your productivity by SMT process
- Seamless corners for ultra-high EMI shielding effect
- Reduce shield clip numbers to lower the costs
- Mass production
- Easy insertion and removal
- Convenient for re-work
- EU-RoHS compliant, Pb & halogen free
- Also available in 90° version for seamless corners and high shielding effectiveness
- For mobile phones, MP3, PDA, navigation systems, internet repeaters, walkie-talkies and much more.
Tiny clip for PCB-shielding cans, technical drawing
Recommended solder area
The drawing above shows the recommended solder land. Both type A and type B can be used with the Tiny clip (TC).
When the PCB-shielding can has to be attached to the board seamlessly, a recessed area needs to be made in the PCB-shielding can (see drawing above)