3281 series - Mu-copper foil
Mu-copper foil and sheets for EMI shielding can be used to shield plastic housings and enclosures or for complete shielding of existing rooms in buildings, to create a Faraday cage.
Many EMI problems can be solved easily by the use of conductive foils and conductive sheets. Some of the most commonly used materials are Mu-copper foil, reinforced Amucor foil and highly conductive textile.
All of theses materials can be produced with or without (conductive) self-adhesive and an optional insulation layer.
- Shielding plastic enclosure parts
- Shielding any non-conductive materials
- Ground plane
- Anti-static floor
- Electrical connection between surfaces (sheets / foils)
- Shielding in housings
- Shielding cables
- Temporary shielding during tests
- Flame-retardant version
- With (conductive) self-adhesive backing
- With insulation layer
- Cut into the desired shape (possible via CAD drawing)
Mu-copper foil (3281, 3282, 3283)
Mu-copper foil has superb shielding performance (also at low frequencies), can be soldered, and can easily be folded into the desired shape. Mu-copper foil is used to make small EMI shields like PCB-shielding cans, but also to EMI-shield entire existing rooms (Faraday cages, screen rooms, shielded boxes etc.).
- 3281 : Mu-copper foil (0.035 mm thick)
- 3282 : Mu-copper foil (0.12 mm thick)
- 3283 : Mu-copper foil (0.18 mm thick)
- High shielding performance
- Easy to solder (a tinned version is also available, Part number 3285)
- Flame retardant
Examples where Mu-copper foil is used
Tinned Mu-copper foil (3285)Similar to Mu-copper foil Part number 3281, but with a tin layer for corrosion protection and improved solderability.
Mu-copper foil with paper insulation (3287)
Similar to Mu-copper foil Part number 3281, but with a layer of paper added to insulate the top layer of the foil.
|0.12 mm thick|
|E||1 MHz||125 dB|
|E||10 MHz||101 dB|
|E||100 MHz||120 dB|
|E||400 MHz||115 dB|
|P||1 GHz||110 dB|
|P||10 GHz||120 dB|
|These values are measured under laboratory conditions.
In other situations, results may differ; please read our Guarantee.
3281 series - Mu-copper foil shielding performance
Deze container niet bewerken s.v.p.
Grafiek: 3281 series - Mu-copper foil (37)
Please note : These values are measured under laboratory conditions. Results may vary in other situations; please read our Guarantee.
Standard part numbers
|Thickness (mm)||Max. width (mm)||Part number||Part number with white insulation layer added*||Part number with black insulation layer*|
|Mu-copper with paper
Films or tapes with different specifications are available on request. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com
* For more information on the insulating layer, see table below. Note that by the thickness in the above table, the thickness of the insulation layer still needs to be added.
Electrical insulation layer specifications
If you want that we provide an insulating layer on the Mu-copper then there are the following two options.
|Material||Thermoplastic polyester||Thermoplastic polyester|
|Thickness||0.15 mm||0.22 mm|