Ultra soft shield 7400 series
Ultra-soft EMI shielding gasket for doors, panels and lids. Very low closure force to prevent deflection.
Ultra soft shield 7400 series is an HF-shielding gasket with high shielding performance and extremely low closure force. This prevents deflection of doors/parts, which improves shielding effectiveness. The product works very well in combination with stainless steel and other metals.
The core consists of high-grade polyurethane foam with a maximum compression of 80%, which distinguishes Ultra soft shield 7400 from other commonly used shielding materials.
Ultra soft shield 7400 is covered with a highly conductive, wear & tear resistant, metallized fabric.
Different foam cores and conductive foils/fabrics are available for special applications (see options below).
- Gasket can be compressed up to 80%
- Very low closure force
- Very high electrical conductivity
- High shielding performance
- Roll lengths of 1 to 1000 meters, depending on width and height of the EMI gasket
- Easy to fit with self-adhesive
- High abrasion resistance
- Can be cut with a pair of scissors
- Because the Ultra soft shield 7400 series is so soft, it is easy to bend it around corners
Options (on request)
- Aspire cut into accurate lengths
- Ultra soft shield 7400 series combined with a water seal (see our Ultra soft twin shield 7800 series)
- With UL94V-0 flame-retardant foam core
- With chemical-resistant rubbers like EPDM
- With silicone-sponge core for high temperatures up to 220°C
- Different conductive foils and fabrics
- Bites or shapes cut out for easy application or bends, possible according to customer drawing
|Width X (mm)|
|Height Y (mm)||3||4||5||6||9||10||12||15||18||20||25|
* Item numbers in bold type are 98% stock items. Other dimensions on request
Special profile shapes
These special profile shapes are made of EPDM rubber and by the bulbous and / or concave shape, they can be compressed with little force.
|Y x X mm||2 x 4 mm||3 x 6 mm||4 x 8 mm||8 x 6 mm||8 x 12 mm||10 x 12 mm||16 x 20 mm|
|Y x X inch||.079" x .157"||.118" x .236"||.157" x .315"||.315" x .236"||.315" x .472"||.394" x .472"||.630" x .787"|
High deflection version
We have developed a combination gasket for an extremely high spring range. These gaskets are developed for applications where a high deflection and a high spring range is required. To give you an example. A 26 mm high deflection gasket can be compressed up to 7 mm without overly exerting excessive force. That is 70% compression at low force.
|Y x X mm||10 x 15 mm||10 x 18 mm||10 x 21 mm||10 x 24 mm|
|Y x X inch||.394" x .157"||.394" x .708"||.394" x .826"||.394" x .944"|
|Y x X mm||16 x 23 mm||16 x 26 mm||16 x 29 mm||16 x 32 mm|
|Y x X inch||.630" x .905"||.630" x 1.023"||.630" x 1.142"||.630" x 1.260"|
With cutouts for easy bending
It is possible to have small 'bites' cut out in positions you specify, so that the gasket is easy to bend. EMI gaskets with cutouts according to drawing.
Shielding effectiveness depends on surface, shape of gaskets and materials used.
|Frequency Hz||Mode||Screening dB|
|These values are measured under laboratory conditions.
In other situations, results may differ; please read our Guarantee.
- 01 : standard self-adhesive placed in the middle
- 02 : without self-adhesive
- 03 : with conductive self-adhesive
- 06 : standard self-adhesive, asymmetrical
- P : standard polyurethane foam
- F : flame retardant UL94V-0 foam