EMC Woven mesh ventilation panels are used for heating, air flow for cooling and ventilation in electronic enclosures without compromising the shielding integrity of an enclosure.
Aluminium EMC Woven mesh ventilation panels consist of 3 layers of pleated Aluminium woven mesh, trapped between Aluminium kick-plates, in a rigid Aluminium frame, pre-drilled or with fasteners made to your specifications or flow drilled thread holes.
The 3 layers of pleated wire mesh are separated by the pleats being of different height, thus enabling the vent to have a high dust holding capacity.
Approximately 95% of the 9520 series EMC Woven mesh ventilation panels are made to customer specifications, and are all made to comply an order.
These panels can be treated with a variety of finishes to provide corrosion protection or improve conductivity. Air filter oil can be applied to the Aluminium filter media to assist in dirt and dust retention. Panels with a gasket groove have a knitted monel wire mesh gasket as standard. Other frames can be provided with an additional EMI Gasket.
Standard delivery time: less than two weeks.
Holland Shielding Systems BV manufacture its range of EMC vent panels using the latest technology. All processes are kept in house, giving us flexibility and total control over quality. We are market leaders for price, delivery, quality and availability. Our fully programmable CNC machines guarantee a good steady quality.
Air flow pressure drop graph
9520 series - Air flow pressure drop graph
Please note : These values are measured under laboratory conditions. Results may vary in other situations; please read our Guarantee.
Options (on request)
- EMI gasketing
- Environmental sealing
- Kempass (RoHS) Aluminium passivation finish
- Light weight
- High shielding performance
- Very low air-flow resistance
- Reduction of turbulence
EMC gasket options
- 1200 series Metal knit gasket (Only frames with a gasket groove)
- 5711-5722 series Orientated wire shield gasket
- 1200 series Metal knit gasket with a Neoprene sponge carrier 2.4 mm thick
- 2000 series Beryllium Copper finger strip
* Other gasket options on request
Design and constructional tips
In your design, you can take into consideration moisture and dust protection through:
- Color coated frame (leave a part free of coating for contact)
- External overhang for rain protection
- Holes for drainage
- Aerodynamic drag
- Additional EMC gasketing
- Try to avoid round vents because of their complexity and therefore expensive production
- Prevent holes in corners of the frame because of the rigidity of the frame when compressing the gasket
- If specifying captive inserts in both sides of the frame off-set the position by 10 mm minimum
Finishes (on request)
- Painted (frame only for dust panels)
- Electro less plated Tin or Nickel
- Kempass (RoHS ) Aluminium Passivation process
- Trivalent chromium (RoHS compliant) or Hexavalent chromium
Attenuation levels (dB)