Electrically conductive foam 5770
Structure with foam as its central layer, suitable for EMI shielding and absorbing gaskets
This conductive foam is made of polyurethane foam coated with copper and nickel. Compression is 25% to 75%. The maximum application temperature is between 60 and 70 degrees Celsius.
The material will return to almost its original height when released. The foam is covered with a layer of conductive polyurethane to protect it from environmental influences and to prevent burrs when cutting. Its conductivity is excellent in all directions (X, Y, and Z). Conductive foam is fire retardant as well as Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant.
- Available in thicknesses of 1, 1.5, 2, 2.2, 3.0, 3.4 and 5 mm
- Several layers can be joined together for thickness, on request
- Excellent electric conductivity throughout the material
- Excellent electromagnetic shielding effect
- High workability due to adhesion
- Easy die cutting, kiss cutting and slitting
- 950 mm roll width
- Mobile phone
- Noise filter core
- Cable tray
- Shielded rooms
(other sizes on request)
|1, 1.5, 2, 2.2, 3.0, 3.4 or 5 mm
(other sizes on request)
|Width||Max. 950 (mm)|
|Length||Depending on thickness material 50 meters max.|
|Adhesive strength (gf/25mm)||>1.000|
|Holding strength (sec)||>3.600|
|Surface resistance (Ω/sq)||0.2|
|Surface resistance (Ω/in)||1.0 max|
|Volume resistance (Ω/sq)||0.2|
|Top-bottom resistance (Ω/in)||1.0 max|
|Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)||Compliant|
|Fire retardant (cm/min)||Pass|
|Max. application temperature||Between 60 and 70 degrees|
- Mesh: woven polyester, copper, and nickel coated
- Conductive foam: polyurethane foam (copper and nickel coated)
- PSA: acrylic ester polyol copolymer + nickel powder
- PU coating: polymer resin (polyurethane)
- Release liner: CP paper avg 150 μm
Benefits and options
- With or without self-adhesive
- Supplied as sheets, strips or die-cuts
- With water seal
- Resistant to high temperatures, with cooling holes
- Reinforced with woven fabric on 1 or 2 sides
- PSA attachment method option
- Nickel/copper metalization
- X-Y-Z axis conductivity
- Tolerance of ± 0.5 mm
- I/O static applications/gasket replacement
Shielding effectiveness 100 Mhz - 1 GHz
- 1.5 mm thickness, 80 dB - 83 dB
- 2.4 mm thickness, 88 dB - 104 dB
- 3.5 mm thickness, 80 dB - 103 dB
Please note: These values are measured under laboratory conditions. Results may vary in other situations; please read our Guarantee.
Would you like to...
- Request a sample?
- Get a quote?
- Ask a question?
- Exporting PDF...