5750-S series - Electrically conductive rubber sheets
Electrically conductive rubber in general is known for its excellent weather, oxidation, and ozone resistance. In EMI shielding, this rubber in particular is used as a medium to provide electrical conductivity across a gasket-flange interface.
The rubber is made conductive by incorporating small conductive metal particles throughout the material. It can provide an EMI-proof and watertight seal in narrow constructions.
Electrically conductive rubbers are typically used for EMI applications. But they are also useful for EMP protection, wave-guide applications and against static electricity. The rubber can be filled with silver, nickel, silvered glass, silvered aluminium, or graphite (only for ESD). Commercial EMI applications often choose Nickel-graphite conductive rubber (Part number 5760) or Graphite conductive rubber (Part number 5755) from a costs point of view, while military and aerospace applications often call for Silver copper silicone conductive rubber (Part number 5750) to meet Mil-G-83528C specifications. In military or aerospace, fluorosilicone versions may also be used due to their chemical and fuel resistance.
As the material shields high frequencies, electrically conductive rubber shows a shielding effect of 60 dB at 30MHz ~ 10GHz. Due to its excellent conductivity, grounding, and EMI shielding effect, it is well suited for military communications equipment. The rubber can be manufactured in various shapes such as sheets, moulded parts, die-cut, strips, o-rings, etc.
- Excellent conductivity on the entire surface
- Excellent electromagnetic shielding effect
- Easy die-cutting, kiss-cutting and slitting
- Temperature ranges of -60 to +185 ºC (under certain circumstances, tolerance can be up to 220ºC)
Conductive adhesive information (Conductive PSA)
|Adhesive strength||g/25mm||850||ASTM D 3330|
|Conductive PSA||-||Acrylic + Ni||-|
* Please note: Conductive adhesive is optional. By default, these Conductive rubber gaskets are supplied without adhesive.
|Width (mm)||430 x 450 (larger sizes on request)|
|Thickness (mm)||0.2 to 3 (thicker on request)|
|Elongation, %, min.||90||50||50|
|Flame resistance, UL94 (horizontal)||HB||HB||HB|
|Flame resistance, UL94 (vertical)||V-0||V-0||V-0|
|Volume resistance, Ohm-cm
(expression of conductivity)
|Shore A (1 mm thickness):||73||71||70|
|Shore A (2 mm thickness)||70||75||60|
|Tensile strength. psi, min.||90||50||50|
|Shielding effectiveness (dB)||5750||5755||5760|
|These values are measured under laboratory conditions. Results may differ in other situations - please read our Guarantee.|
Available sheet thicknesses
|Ag/Al Silicone conductive rubber (silver plated aluminium) 5750|
|Graphite conductive rubber 5755|
|Ni-Graphite conductive rubber (dark gray) 5760|
Please note: Items in bold type are available from stock. Sheets can be made thinner by slitting. Thicknesses up to 6.35mm on request
What questions need to be answered to select the right material?
- What is the approximate shielding effectiveness you need to achieve for your application?
- What environment will this material be exposed to? Does the rubber need to be solvent or fuel resistant (fluorosilicone)?
- Are you looking for a semi-conductive/static dissipating material or is this a true EMI/RFI shielding application?
How does the conductive filler material in the rubber compare to costs and performance?
|Part number||Conductive filler||Cost||Conductivity||Typical shielding effectiveness*|
|5750||Silver plated aluminum||$$$||Extremely conductive||120 dB|
|5760||Ni-graphite||$$||Super conductive||100 dB|
|5755||Graphite||$||Very conductive||70 dB|
* More information about shielding performance can be found under "technical properties" (a few paragraphs up)
Special materials (on request)
These Conductive Rubber Sheets are also available in special materials for special applications for example applications with chemicals. Below is a list of special materials. For availability and delivery please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Silicone Carbon
- Fluorosilicone Nickel Graphite
- Silicone Nickel Graphite Flame Retardant
- Silicone Silver Aluminium
- Fluorosilicone Silver Aluminium
- Fluorosilicone Nickel
- Silver Plated Nickel
- Silver Glass
Electrically conductive rubber is available as:
- Moulded parts
- Die-cut or flash cut
To get a quotation for Conductive rubber sheets within 24 hours fill in the form below.